1. Make your roses last longer with bleach- If you have used your flower food packet that comes with the roses or if you just simply lost the packet. Use a cap full of bleach to make your roses last. Pour a cap full of bleach in the lukewarm water in your vase. Cut your flowers an inch from the bottom of the stem diagonally and place the roses in the water. Replace the water daily.
2. Get bad smells out of fabrics or kill bacteria with vinegar- If your child has had an accident, you’re washing sweaty workout clothing, or if you are washing washcloths and towels use white vinegar. Start the washer add your detergent and then place a cap full of vinegar (or if you are like me, I just pour it around the washer) and let it sit for a few minutes. Place your items in the washer after the white vinegar has set and wash your items as normal.
3. Clean all dandruff out of your scalp with Apple Cider Vinegar- Before washing your hair with shampoo use Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar. I will tell you that if you scratch your scalp too hard it might sting when you put the Apple Cider Vinegar on your head. Use a comb to scrap dandruff out and then continue to wash as normal. For your first time, you may want to dilute this apple cider vinegar with equal parts of water.
4. Ran out of mouthwash, use coconut oil- When you use Virgin organic coconut oil you actually use it first rather than last because coconut oil pulls bacteria and food particles out of your mouth. Measure about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and swish around in your mouth for your destined amount of time. People tend to do 15 minutes but honestly, I can’t. One reason is that I can’t stand the taste of coconut oil and because you can’t swallow and after about 1 minute I struggle.
This technique is called oil pulling if you want to research it.
5. Want to cleanse and detox but don’t want to purchase overpriced teas- Tummy teas are awesome but an alternative that you can use to detox and cleanse out your system is Uncle Lee’s tea. You can purchase this tea at Kroger or maybe even Amazon, and comes in a box of about 100 tea bags. I drink this hot or cold.
When drinking this cold, I boil the water like I’m serving it hot but then I’ll put it in a pitcher and place in the fridge. You can always add a little bit of honey to sweeten but don’t overdo it because the goal is the cleanse and detox.
(This post includes affiliate links. If a purchase is made I may be compensated)